Huwebes, Agosto 29, 2013

Overrated or underrated? EOS Lip Balms Review

Since high school I've been fond of putting something on my lips such as lip tints, lip gloss and lip balms specially if they are flavored and their scents is fruity and inviting. My lips arent always chapped or dry, but seeing a cute lip balm in a department store makes me wanna purchase it in each different colors and flavors. I stopped using lip gloss since college coz a friend once teased me, asking if I ate something oily. Okay, glossy is different from oily looking though I know shes just kidding I still opted to switch to lip tints that can look more natural as if you were born with a kissable cherry red lips. Unfortunately the first lip tint I bought tastes so bad that I can't tolerate using it everyday and that made me stick to lip balms until now.

I like lip balms with cooling effect on the lips the moment you applied it. Its kinda refreshing for me. I like Maybelline's cool mint lip balms as well as Maybelline's Baby lips lip balm. Im the type of person who consume the whole balm before buying another flavor of the same brand but sometimes if there are new balms out in the market I am easily persuaded. So when I heard how EOS lip balms are making girls buy a dozen of them with different flavors and I became curious and hit on ebay at once. 

EOS lip balm claims that it "is 95% organic, 100% natural, and paraben and petrolatum free. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth."

  • Long-lasting moisture
  • Shea butter & vitamin E
  • Smoothes on clear
  • Precisely glides on lips
  • Gluten-free
  • Paraben-free
  • Petrolatum-free
  • Phthalate-free
See how paraben free products comes out from the market nowadays since it was link to cancer. Anyway, I bought my authentic sphere and stick Eos lip balms at ebay for Php 200 each unlike other online sellers their price ranges from Php 250-300 each balms. 




 My package arrived at my doorstep 2 days after I purchased it on Ebay and it was carefully packed in a bubble wrap! I squealed with delight at the thought of popping the bubble wrap after taking my balms out of it.


I bought a sphere of Honeysuckle Honeydew and a stick of Sweet Mint. See how cute they are. The colors are my favorite shades ever! Im a happy kid! I actually picked them because of their color not their flavor! :) 


I have a habbit of putting on petroleum jelly on my lips before going to sleep, and this time I tried the sweet mint eos lip balm instead. I was so excited! At first swipe its all minty and cool on the lips which I like plus it tastes good!! I applied a lot on my lips thinking that the more I put the longer the cooling sensation.  Haha!:) It isn't heavy on the lips as if youre not wearing anything plus it glides smoothy. It lasts for at least 2-4 hours and you can still taste its sweetness even after eating or drinking. I'll surely use it before painting my lips with a matte lipstick. Although I noticed when it wears off, my lips would appear dry and wrinkled. Since I live in a tropical country this is very unusual to happen. Maybe it doesn't moisturize that effectively as compared to my trusted petroleum jelly. That was the down side of my experience with EOS Lip balm. I mean in my opinion, it doesn't matter if it tastes good or it is packed adorably, what matters for me is its power to keep your lips moisturized even after it wears off. In short, EOS Lip balms doesn't offer long lasting effects on the lips. It is kindda disappointing. :( Maybe I was blinded by some overrated reviews about it, or maybe I'm just fond of organic and all natural products that's why I set my expectations high about this product. This lip balm isn't made for me I think? I will just consume the sweet mint and maybe I'll just give the honeysuckle honeydew to my sister. I was even looking forward to buy other flavors and collect the sphere containers in different colors and use it for Easter egg hunting! Each color corresponds to number of points. Haha! That would be fun, unfortunately I am not gonna purchase it again. I'll try a different lip balm that suits me well. I hope this review helps and to those who are suffering from dry lips! Just an advice, hydrate yourself with water at least 12 glasses a day and maybe you can try putting petroleum jelly on your lips? I think its long lasting and more effective than EOS lip balm. Kbye. x



April 8, 2014: Hello there my dearest readers! Just an update. I've been using EOS lip balm since I wrote this review but I will definitely end my term with it due to sensitivity reaction that developed overtime. There were tiny bumps around my lips that are itchy and burning making my lips look red and swollen. I've read a few threads online and indeed, there were women like me who suffered from it as well, with the same signs and symptoms. :(

Its so sad that an all natural and organic ingredients can actually cause a sensitivity reaction. :( I am honestly disappointed.

I hope none of you will experience this.

Please take care you all! 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento